DNA Fitness Test
Are you facing challenges in your fitness journey? Explore how your DNA influences and shapes your path to better fitness.
Order Your Confidential Home DNA Test Online!
- Learn which types of exercises are most compatible with your muscle type to enhance their effectiveness.
- Assess your vulnerability to soft tissue injuries and Achilles tendinopathy.
- Determine your pain tolerance level.
Are you encountering challenges when it comes to improving your physical fitness?
Your genetic makeup plays a role in your athletic performance, response to physical activity, susceptibility to injuries, and pain tolerance. Through this genetic test, you can create a personalized fitness plan tailored to your genetic profile, allowing you to maximize the benefits of your exercise routine.
Understanding your genetics can help you identify sports in which you may excel and enable you to customize your workout regimen and health goals. It’s worth noting that the genetic variations examined in this panel were predominantly studied in Caucasian populations, and the same associations may not necessarily apply to individuals of other ethnic backgrounds.
• PPARD – burning fat for energy
• VEGFA – blood vessel formation to improve oxygen supply
• ACE – blood pressure regulation and muscle efficiency
• ADRB2 – turning off the fight or flight response
• PPARA – slow-twitch versus fast-twitch muscle fibres
Response to Exercise
• PPARGC1A – aerobic capacity improvements
• PPARD – increases in “good”
• MCT1 – ability to use lactate as an energy source
• ACVR1B – muscle signalling cascade that controls muscle mass and muscle strenght
• IL6 – messenger molecule and contributes to muscle growth
• ACTN3 – the “sprinter” gene
• AGT – blood pressure regulation and growth hormone levels
Motivation, Recovery, Injury Risk and Pain Tolerance
• BDNF – exercise motivation
• CRP – heart rate recovery
• COL1A1 – risk of soft tissue injury
• COL5A1 – risk of Achilles tendinopathy
• COMT – pain tolerance and required morphine dose
As our client, your privacy is extremely important to us, and we hold all information provided us in strict confidentiality. We will never sell, resell or make available your personal, or financial information to other companies or organizations. You will only be contacted using the method you choose, to confirm your order or to discuss your case. All communication is in the strictest confidence, and for that reason, we require you to create a password that will restrict access to your case. In addition, our privacy policies that have been established in our laboratory and offices safeguard the security of your case.